Valencia Orange white hot chocolate, it sounds fancier than it is. The only reason I have called it Valencia Orange, is because that is the flavouring I had purchased. It can be plain orange if that is the only essence which you can find. Going with a tart essence like Orange, it is nice to flavour it with a more creamy and lighter chocolate. White chocolate was the best choice for this. It also makes it slightly more different than the usual hot chocolate. This can be made with milk or dark chocolate, but the white chocolate makes this taste a bit more like an orange julep, or a creamy orange frozen yogurt, but not cold of course!
This hot chocolate is a bit more complicated than some of my others. As you will see, they do slowly get more and more complicated, but that is a good thing. This one gets a lovely colour to it, and the orange and white chocolate compliment each other, more so, than just milk chocolate and orange.
Do you like it?
Definitely taste it and see if you are happy with the serving amounts. If you have a sweeter tooth, icing sugar can be used and it will add a thickener to the hot chocolate, making it more indulgent.
I have garnished (if you can really call it that) with whipped cream. I would suggest a very dark chocolate sauce on top of it. The dark chocolate with the white chocolate will compliment the flavours very well.
Calories per serving: 390
Valencia Orange White Hot Chocolate Recipe
Valencia orange white hot chocolate is creamy and delicious. The white chocolate compliments the orange is a simple and tasty method.
- 50 g White Chocolate
- 180 mls Milk
- ½ tsp Valencia Orange essence
- 60 mls evaporated milk
- Step 1 In a sauce pan melt the white chocolate. Start the process on a very low heat as you do not want to burn the chocolate, but to gently melt it.
- Step 2 Add the orange essence and evaporated milk.
- Step 3 Turn the heat up to medium and continue to stir. Continue stirring as it will slightly thicken the mixture. You want to wait not only until it gets to a good temperature, but thickness. Do not allow to overly boil as that will ruin it.
- Step 4 Add the rest of the milk.
A very complicated recipe this is.