This mac and cheese method is actually taken from a French technique of butter and cheese, and why would there be anything wrong with that? It is not the most low-calorie dish I have made, but oh my word, it is indulgent!
I have called this mac and cheese as it is the easiest way for people to understand what the recipe will be. However I do not use macaroni because the tubes are not wide enough to fit the cheese sauce into them and thus takes away from the fully coated yumminess of the dish.
Pasta types you can use:
Amori – this is what I used for this dish and it was beyond perfect. The surface area of the pasta worked great.
Shells – I’m hesitant to suggest this as the shells will sometimes stick inside of each other when cooking. When using shells use a much larger pot to stop this from happening
Calories per serving: 748
Fancy Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked amori pasta (basically. Enough for 1)
- 2 generous tsps garlic paste
- 1 tbsp butter (basically enough to coat it. You can add it a bit at a time to check and see. The cheese will be oily so keep that in mind)
- 100 grams raclette - this is a Swiss melting cheese. So if you can't find raclette look for another Swiss melting cheese or French. Not cheddar!!
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Step 1 Cook the amori. Strain and in the same pot add it back in. Stick the temperature on low. Add the butter and garlic and stir until it is fully mixed and coated. You may want to add more garlic. Don’t be afraid because garlic paste does not have the strong uncooked garlic flavour so you can be generous. Heat the whole mixture up. Take off the heat and add the cheese. Stirring constantly. Add the pepper to taste on the top. The pepper tastes excellent so you can really have fun.
- Step 2 And of course serve. Don’t eat out of the pot. We aren’t monsters.