Oreo hot chocolate is a really straight-forward flavour combination. An obvious flavour combination, can make out to a surprise for your guests when this comes out. Oreos are amazing, hot chocolate is amazing. This is a great addition for Valentine’s day, Christmas, or a treat on a cold afternoon! This is recipe is a bit more complex, and would be great fun for all of the family.
I have used white chocolate to go along with the Oreos, so this has a more of a “cookies and cream” feel. This recipe uses icing sugar, and the sugar from the inside of the Oreos for sweetener. If you want to shake it up a bit, you can use different flavours of Oreos, and this will add a bit more depth to this.
Alternate flavours I would suggest:
- Red velvet
- Cinnamon bon
This ooey gooey recipes leaves some Oreos at the bottom of the mug. If having leftovers at the bottom is not your thing, cook your mixture for longer and blend at the end. A hand blender would be the most useful for this task.
Oreo Hot Chocolate Recipe
Oreos and white chocolate make up this warm and cosy dessert drink. It is great for a romantic setting or families. It is an interactive recipe that is fun for the kids.
- 30g white chocolate
- 4 oreos
- 1 heaping tsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Sprinkle of salt
- ⅔ mug of milk
- Step 1 First off, start to separate the cookie of the oreo from the icing. During the process I didn’t find an easy way to do this other than manually. In 2 bowls, separate your icing and biscuits.
- Step 2 Once you have completed this, add your icing sugar, the icing from inside the Oreos, vanilla, salt, milk, and all of your biscuit bases into a small saucepan.
- Step 3 Turn the heat up to medium, keep stirring your mixture so that the milk does not burn or boil too quickly. You want to leave this cooking until the Oreo biscuits have broken up and dissolved. You can use a wooden spoon to help you break up the Oreos further.
- Step 4 Once the Oreos have dissolved, add your white chocolate.
- Step 5 Keep the mixture on the heat, stirring constantly so that the milk does not burn. Maintain this until the white chocolate has melted.
- Step 6 Serve immediately with or without whipped cream. If you are serving with whipped cream, ½ an Oreo on the top looks really pretty, or crumble some of the Oreo biscuit.